OFFICE OF THE SELECT BOARD
TOWN OF HALIFAX
P.O. BOX 127
WEST HALIFAX, VERMONT 05358
PFC TEST RESULTS–HALIFAX CLOSED LANDFILL AND PRIVATE WELL
Click on the link below to view test results. Any further documentation will be added as it is received.
C.A. Denison Lumber Co, Inc. / Ashfield Stone LLC: Act 250 Halifax Quarry Application
To obtain electronic copies of the application information, you may go to:
and search for Project Number: 2W1318
This should have the most up-to-date information as received by the Agency of Natural Resources, District 2 & 3 Environmental Commission.
You may also request a CD-ROM of the original application materials at the Town Office, 368-7390, and/or view the Maps and other material in the application there. Note the CD-ROM may not contain all of the most recent information as the application progresses. Searching the Town of Halifax website will give you Selectboard meeting minutes during which the project has been discussed.
March 4, 2015 UPDATE
February 17, 2015 UPDATE
February 14, 2015 UPDATE
February 7, 2015 UPDATE
January 31, 2015 UPDATE
These links have information regarding the February hearing schedule.
November 24, 2014 UPDATE
Please see the following link for schedule of hearing dates and other pertinent information.
Lately, the Selectboard has been hearing an increasing number of concerns about properties that need some spring cleaning. It has been a long winter, we know, but if the daffodils aren’t covering the STUFF in your yard, you should know this:
1. You may be able to get CASH for your junk vehicles or scrap metal, and other items if you have a tag sale
2. We have two Halifax businesses which offer trash removal services
3. There is an Electronics Recycling event being held to benefit the school on 5/24/2014
4. The Halifax Fire Company, Inc. hosts an annual auction in early July, and they accept donations of salable items
5. Due to changes in the solid waste laws, trash disposal in the future is likely to cost by volume, so clean up now to save
6. The Town of Halifax does have a Junk Ordinance—and we can issue fines of $50 per day if you don’t clean up the property or screen the problem areas from view. See the link for the details.
We know one person’s trash may be another person’s treasure, and that sometimes life can make it difficult to pay attention to the small stuff, but please check out your own “curb appeal.” If you need help, please contact a member of the Selectboard, before we contact you. We will share a basic list of possible service providers for auto salvage or trash removal.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.