OFFICE OF THE SELECTBOARD
Town of Halifax, Vermont
SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
April 12, 2014
The meeting was convened at 6:45 AM en route to the Holiday Inn, Rutland. Board members in attendance were Lewis Sumner and Edee Edwards. Also in attendance during the ride sharing was Mark Halverson. At the Selectboard Institute, Selectboard members from around the state were present.
The 2014 Spring Selectboard Institute covered sessions on
- Selectboard Roles and Responsibilities
- Vt. Municipal Law and the Selectboard’s Authority
- Relationships with other Elected Officials, Employees & Committees
- Managing Conflicts of Interest
- Rules of the Road: Vermont Local Highway Law
- Risk Management Services (Insurance)
- Municipal Budget and Finance
- Open Meeting Law Compliance
Edwards and Sumner spoke briefly about the meaning of “ex parte communications” after the Conflict of Interest Session, which will be recapped in a future Selectboard meeting. They also shared lunch together with Dick Clark of the Guilford Selectboard, and discussed Hale Road issues.
The Training session ended at 3:45 PM.
During the ride home, Sumner listed the agenda items for Tuesday’s meeting. No other town business was discussed.
Hearing of Visitors
Meeting was closed at 5:45 PM.
Edee Edwards, Selectboard Member