OFFICE OF THE SELECTBOARD
Town of Halifax, Vermont
SELECTBOARD SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
November 6, 2014
This Act 148 Pay-as-You-Throw Workshop, hosted by Windham Solid Waste Management District, was held at 6:30 p.m. at the Town Hall in Townshend, Vermont. Halifax Selectboard members Lewis Sumner and Earl Holtz were in attendance. Greg Marguet of Halifax was present, along with many others.
Topics covered in discussion were:
- Act 148 PAYT requirements
- Draft ordinance and hauler registration – WSWMD
- Overview of PAYT in the region
- Vernon curbside collection PAYT
- Northfield Transfer station PAYT
- Calculation of bag prices
No other town business was discussed.
Sumner and Holtz car-pooled together; no town business was discussed either traveling to or from Townshend.
Earl B Holtz