OFFICE OF THE SELECTBOARD
Town of Halifax, Vermont
June 16, 2009
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 7:39 PM. Board members in attendance were John LaFlamme and Lewis Sumner. Mr. Green was absent. Others in attendance were Margo Avakian, Brad Rafus, and Board Secretary Phyllis Evanuk.
Approval of Minutes
Mr. Sumner moved to accept the minutes of the June 2, 2009 meeting as written.
Mr. LaFlamme seconded the motion.
The motion carried 2-0, and the minutes were approved.
Hearing of Visitors
- Mr. Rafus advised that they are almost halfway through the brush cleanup on Thomas Hill and they are burning it there.
- He also advised that the bid letters for the Reed Hill bridge work will be ready to go out by the end of the week.
- A Catering Permit application was reviewed for approval from Spice of Life Catering for malt and vinous beverages for a wedding at Honora on September 19, 2009. Mr. LaFlamme moved to approve and Mr. Sumner seconded the motion. The application will be given to the Town Clerk for signature and mailing.
- Town of Dummerston extended an invitation to Halifax to attend a meeting next Tuesday regarding Windham Solid Waste Management District. Mr. LaFlamme noted that Mr. Green might be interested in attending, as he is the one most up to date on the district.
- Two letters were received from Constable Andy Rice. The first was to ensure that there was a paper trail regarding the rollover of funds from his budget to the next fiscal year. These funds are to cover the grant match for new radios. The grant is approved but the actual transaction has not yet been completed.
- The second letter is a request to the police academy to grant an extension of time for completion of FTO training, as he has had difficulty in getting a commitment to train him.
- The State Police contract was signed and mailed for counter-signature by Station Commander Lt. LaPorte.
The remaining mail was reviewed and appropriately filed.
Selectmen’s Order to Town Treasurer for bill payment
The order for payment of bills was completed and signed.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:10 PM.
Phyllis H. Evanuk